Preventative Care & Vaccinations
Did you know that we recommend annual lab testing, just like our doctor does for us as humans? It’s a great way to check liver function, kidney function and even screen for diabetes! As pets age, we as pet owners want to make sure that we do everything we can to make sure that they live as long as possible and stay healthy!
We recommend annual comprehensive examinations by the veterinarian and our annual lab work includes fecal testing, heartworm testing, checking for exposure to ticks, a blood chemistry and CBC.
At Cardinal Animal Hospital, we recognize the dangers in our area and choose to vaccinate accordingly.
For our canine patients:
- Every 6 months – intranasal Bordetella
- Every year – Leptospirosis
- Every 3 years – Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvovirus, Parainfluenza, Rabies
For our feline patients:
- Every year – Purevax Rabies vaccination, feline Leukemia
- Every 3 years – feline distemper, rhinotracheitis
What to bring when you board your pets:
- We recommend that you bring your pet’s normal food with them. A sudden food change can cause an upset stomach and unnecessary stress to the GI system. If you do forget to bring food, we feed Hill’s Science Diet.
- Your pet’s most current vaccination history.
To schedule your pet for their comprehensive preventive care appointment, please call us at 336-668-9475.